Sunday, August 5, 2007

Shaving Cream Background


I absolutely love playing around with different techniques and tonight I decided that I would try out yet another new technique - well new for me at least ha ha.

I wasn't real sure about it at first but it is growing on me very quickly.

The technique to create this marble effect background is using shaving cream and ink re-fills - a little messy - but a lot of fun.

I used Pink Passion card stock then pink passion and summer sun ink refills with the shaving cream. I then layered the card with a piece of yoyo yellow then stamped the image using Stampin' Write Markers on whisper white card stock.

It doesn't show up a great deal in the photo but I have added Diamond Dust glitter to the flowers using the very versatile 2-way glue pen then stamped "Heartfelt" in classic black and finished off with Red Grosgrain Ribbon.

I think that this is a technique I will be playing with again :)

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card Tracy,love the colours,and some fantastic tips too!keep up the great work.thanks kerrie crawford.

Anonymous said...

Tracy I love it I havn't seen this technique before and think it looks very effective love the colours you chose. Thanks for all the ideas keep up the good work. Jo Barwick

Back to New Blinds said...

the card is unreal, looking forward to you teaching me that trick